Is cyber crime really a threat in the South West? Read our South West Cyber Security Report to find out.
We recently ran a region-wide survey to ask South West SMEs what they’re concerned about and what, if any, cyber attacks they’ve experienced to ascertain what’s happening on the ground.
Over 120 South-West based small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) took part. Their answers highlight the key concerns of SMEs and provide an illuminating insight into their experiences of cyber crime.
The key findings from the survey include:
- Cyber security is a low business priority.
- Ransomware and fraudulent emails remain a massive threat to SMEs.
- Businesses are leaving themselves vulnerable to attack.
- A cyber attack or data breach is only a matter of time.
- The speed of a ransomware attack can stop a business functioning within minutes.
- The aftermath of a ransomware attack can be crippling for a business.
- The impact of business downtime is significant.
If you’d like to know if cyber crime really is a threat in the South West, download your copy of the report and find out.